Share This Article
OPPO A54s : Today, owning a phone for all the money in the world is unnecessary, as it is from a well-known Chinese company, OPPO. There are good smartphone options available. Today we are going to consider the OPPO A54s model. What are its pros and cons, and is it worth buying?
Market POSITIONING AND PRICE
OPPO The A54s was launched in late 2021, but it has many advantages that remain the standard today. Spacious battery – 5000 mAh, triple camera and 128 GB memory. All this, together with the price of around 7000 hryvnias, seems like a good buy.
The model is the OPPO A54 5G successor, Review we did last year, and it even looks almost the same. But the A54s is a stripped-down version, with a slightly dimmer screen, less powerful chipset, slower loading, more straightforward cameras, no 5G support, and more. But it’s much cheaper.
However, is it worth the money? After reading the review, you can draw your own conclusions, and we will try to cover as much detail as possible.
OPPO A54s Specifications
- Display: 6.52 inches, 1600×720, IPS, 60 Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G35, eight cores
- Memory: RAM 4 GB, Internal memory 128 GB, the possibility of memory expansion using a microSD memory card up to 256 GB (triple slot)
- Cameras: Main unit (50 MP, f/2.2, 80° viewing angle, autofocus); Depth sensor (2 MP, f/2.4, angle of view 88.8°, fixed focus); macro (2 MP, f/2.4, 88.8° angle of view, fixed focus); Selfie camera (8 MP, f/2.0, 79° viewing angle)
- Battery: 5000mAh, 10W
- Operating system: Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1 skin
- Communication: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, A-GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS and QZSS included, LTE, 5G, NFC, 3.5mm headphones
- Body: plastic, IPx4 degree of protection
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.6×8.4mm
- Package content
Not much to say here, but about everything being in order. Because we have the phone itself, the charger, and the cable, as you can see, green trends are not that widespread, and companies are still adding complete charging kits to their gadgets. There is also a clip to remove the SIM card slot and documentation.
Separately, we can mention the case, which can be helpful in the early days when the user has not yet had time to equip the phone with a decent chance. However, there is nothing special about the case – it protects against scratches and drops, which is the most important thing.
Element Design And Composition
I liked the design in general; this is a decent result considering the device’s price. The front is as standard as possible. Here we have a single selfie camera at the top (a somewhat outdated “droplet” solution); on the right side is an unlock button and a fingerprint scanner that quickly opens the device. On the left side, you can see a dual volume control key.
OPPO A54s Screen
The screen on OPPO A54s with 60Hz refresh rate, which is not much. It’s standard, but it’s still not 90 or 120 Hz. But will the average user notice the difference? Of course, the image is smoother at higher settings, and this can be seen in many games. But let’s remember that we are dealing with a budget phone. Also, the battery will last longer at the standard frequency.
Equipment And Performance
The MediaTek Helio G35 processor powers the device. Unfortunately, the amount of RAM is minimal by today’s standards – 4 GB.
Even before the start of the review, I understood that you should not expect super results if the device costs just over 7000 hryvnias. But I found only partial confirmation of my thesis; why – read on
- Main camera: 50 MP, f/2.2; viewing angle 80°; autofocus
- 2 MP monochrome camera: f/2.4; viewing angle 88.8°; fixed focus
- 2 MP macro camera: f/2.4; viewing angle 88.8°; fixed focus
- 8 MP selfie camera (f/2.0); viewing angle 79°
Also Read: Fitbit Sense Smart Watch Full Guide